Monday 17 September 2012

Initial Media Ideas

For my coursework in A2 Media I would need to choose an idea to analyse and research about within the media nowadays. The idea would be something I could go into great detail about and also be able to do much research on. Some of the ideas I had for my ideas were:
  • Representations of Women in Science Fiction Films
  • Ellen Ripley from Aliens
    Narrative changes within Comedy
  • Representations of Teenagers in Music Videos
My chosen idea for my coursework is 'Representations of Women in Science Fiction Films'. I have chosen to use this idea because there is a lot that has been wrote about Women and Science Fiction films. There has also been many releases of films which portray the main protagonist as being a woman. Im going to need to choose two films to analyse and research about for my Media Coursework. I have also chosen to research this idea because I already have some cultural knowledge about women in science fiction. There is a wide choice of characters and texts I can use for my research including; Star Wars, Farscape, Blade Runner, Alien, Predator and much more. But I think I am going to study and research Ellen Ripley from the Alien Franchise and also Chiana from the Farscape franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment